Non-editable regions doesn't seem to work

Last post 02-19-2010, 9:27 AM by forkus2000. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-15-2006, 7:20 PM 14740

Non-editable regions doesn't seem to work

One big reason for choosing CuteEditor for ASP was so that we could take advantage of the non-editable regions feature.

I am seeing some issues with this feature however that I'm hoping can be resolved.

In the example files that ship with the product (templates/template3.htm and template4.htm) it has a supposedly non-editable area in the heading which reads 'This heading is not editable'. Inasmuch as I cannot click on part of this text and have a cursor appear to add text this appears to be a true statement, however it is possible to highlight the text that is there by dragging the mouse over the words and either pressing a formatting button in the toolbar, or even more worryingly, pasting content from the clipboard. Also, it's possible to delete whole chunks of the page that are set to undeitable/non-selectable.

This is an important problem for us as the inclusion of non-editable regions is fairly central to our CMS solution - what can we do to fix it?

•  01-15-2006, 11:08 PM 14743 in reply to 14740

Re: Non-editable regions doesn't seem to work

Just a note, I use CuteEdit for our CMS, and I control where the client can edit. I do not use the template function, I control that elsewhere. Sometime new features are useful, other times not.

RC
  •  01-16-2006, 6:30 AM 14756 in reply to 14743

Hello again. Yes, that's an option, but I was expecting this feature to work out of the box as advertised rather than code my own method.

Does CuteSoft have anything to add?
  •  01-16-2006, 12:57 PM 14769 in reply to 14756

Very true, it is my option. but then again I am not relying on that the next version of a particular software not to cause new and interesting issues and  I really only have minor changes each time a new version is out. I think templates are interesting, but not overly useful in my case so for the most part I have ignored them. Also it appears that not all functions work on every browser or they work differently. I have not yet delved deeply into that mess yet.

RC
  •  02-05-2010, 4:50 PM 58555 in reply to 14743

Hi , can you explain me how to set a non editable region ?

Please respond asap... 
  •  02-08-2010, 1:36 PM 58596 in reply to 58555

•  02-19-2010, 9:27 AM 58838 in reply to 58596

Adam : please include a picture in your non editable region , and you can edit this picture. Please check with mozilla and explorer, With Opera you can edit even the text included in the protected zone...

Regards Paolo

View as RSS news feed in XML