bypass editor minimum height?

Last post 08-08-2007, 11:02 AM by Adam. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-06-2007, 8:59 PM 27195

bypass editor minimum height?

Hi

I am using the editor as an image selector (among other things) and I want to set the editor to a size that allows its content area to be 134x100. The 134 is not an issue, I achieved this by setting

imagesel1.Width=142

But the height is.. It seems that the editor has a minimum height around 162px give or take. Is there a way to reduct this down to 100 for image selection (I want to remove the whitespace).

Also, while im at it is there a way to disable the ability to select and resize images whilst using the editor as an image selector. Seeing your basically populating a text field with the image url, the html/css generated by the resizing of the image is obviously not saved (which is what I want in this case as I want fixed size images for particular spots on a page - I can resize the images to the fixed size server side if an incorrect image is selected on submit).

•  03-08-2007, 8:02 PM 27285 in reply to 27195

Re: bypass editor minimum height?

MattSmith:
    Hi

I am using the editor as an image selector (among other things) and I want to set the editor to a size that allows its content area to be 134x100. The 134 is not an issue, I achieved this by setting

imagesel1.Width=142

But the height is.. It seems that the editor has a minimum height around 162px give or take. Is there a way to reduct this down to 100 for image selection (I want to remove the whitespace).

Also, while im at it is there a way to disable the ability to select and resize images whilst using the editor as an image selector. Seeing your basically populating a text field with the image url, the html/css generated by the resizing of the image is obviously not saved (which is what I want in this case as I want fixed size images for particular spots on a page - I can resize the images to the fixed size server side if an incorrect image is selected on submit).

The Height problem I mention above only applies to firefox on further investigation. Also the editor height and width is different between each browser for the same values.. Not a big problem, I can always test for browser version and adjust accordingly but it would be nice if I didnt have too.
  •  06-14-2007, 10:34 AM 30739 in reply to 27285

Did you ever find a solution or a work-around?
  •  08-08-2007, 11:02 AM 32306 in reply to 30739

View as RSS news feed in XML